TEAM VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
Please make a 5-10 minute video of your 4 team members and the assistant crew member .
QUESTIONS TO COVER IN YOUR VIDEO. Each person should answer each question below. Please keep the answers as succinct as possible.
- Name, age, hometown and current city for all 5 team members
- Why THIS race? What is it about adventure racing that makes you want to do it? What creates your passion for it?
- Tell us something interesting about each of you; what is motivating you to do the race?
- What is your relationship to your other teammates? (i.e. – how did you meet, how long have you known each other, have you done anything like this before?) How would you describe them?
- How is your team different then all the other teams? What is unique about your team?
- What does it mean to come together as a group to race in Eco-Challenge?
- What is your goal for this race? (i.e. – would you just like to finish? Or do you think your team can win or make it to the podium?)
FORMAT FOR TEAM VIDEO:
- All 5 members should download and use Zoom.
- All 5 members should join the same Zoom call and 1 person should record it.
- Make sure both the microphone and camera are working on your device.
- When recording, please keep the “view” set to “Gallery View” which can be found in the upper right hand corner. This way we can see all 5 members at one time and the video will record all 5 of you simultaneously. See example here. (Please note that this order does not need to be followed but this is for your team to match the format we need.)
- Hit the “Record” button on the screen and make sure you select “Record on this Computer” so it will download to your computer.
- SUBTITLES: If any team members do not speak English, please add in English subtitles to the video before you email it to us.
- Once your team has answered all of the questions, please upload your video as UNLISTED to YouTube or Vimeo and email us the link.
TECHNICAL TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR VIDEO:
- Don’t interview other people talking about your team.
- Make sure you have lots of energy!!
- When you are shooting indoors, turn on every light in the room before you begin and DO NOT film in front of a window.
- Don’t film in front of any posters, paintings, photographs, sculptures, or any other copyrighted or trademarked material.
- Do not add music or have any music or other audio playing in the background.
- Don’t wear any logos or clothing with copyrighted material (e.g., photos, graphics, etc.).
- Don’t film in a setting with a lot of background noise – like near a busy street.
- Check your video before you send it in – make sure your team can be clearly seen and heard.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR COMPLETED SUBMISSION TO YOUTUBE OR VIMEO AS AN UNLISTED VIDEO AND THEN EMAIL A LINK TO YOUR TEAM VIDEO TO: email@example.com by August 29, 2020 at 18:00 Pacific Standard Time.